- I began my application in October 2008
- I submitted my application January 26 2009
- All of my recommendations were submitted February 11, 2009 (what a great birthday present!)
- I had my interview February 16, 2009
- My follow-up interview was February 23, 2009. At this point my recruiter -Erin- recommended me for service, but I was not given a nomination due to health volunteer nominations being full. I was told I would hopefully receive a nomination before my graduation in May, and could expect to leave in the Spring of 2010.
- Change of plans -I got a call from my recruiter with an opportunity for an earlier nomination (most likely January), the only catch is that I would not be nominated for a health position, but rather as a science teacher in Africa. After thinking this option over for, oh, about 20 seconds, I decided to go for it! (I did say I was flexible, and I liked the earlier departure date.)
- Received my official nomination on March 26, 2009 (during my AMAZING spring break trip in Tahoe with the girls!) for Science teaching in Africa.
- Next step was medical and background checks. I completed all paperwork and sent it to PC HQ at the end of April 2009.
- I was notified I had been dentally and legally cleared in June.
- Then I waited... In the meantime I graduated from Willamette University in May with my BA in Biology and continued to work at Salem Hospital in the lab. (This was a long waiting period, where I did not hear from the Peace Corps for many weeks at a time... patience...)
- I finally found out I was medically cleared July 24, 2009
- I was contacted by the placement office and sent them an updated resume, and final transcript a few days later
Thursday, August 6, 2009
The Application process....
I wanted to start my new blog with a quick overview of my experience in the application process so far:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just submitted my application and am waiting to schedule an interview. Thanks so much for this timeline. It's hard to find info like this on the net. It was very helpful! I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences!
ReplyDelete